Cheder Menachem is seeking part-time ELA and Math Co-teachers who are self-motivated, innovative and supportive of the mission of the school. Our school is founded to provide an exemplary well rounded Judaic and general academic education to children in our area. Its educational policies are inclusive and individualized and they encourage students to utilize their individual potential and strive for excellence. Faculty members are chosen for their ability as well as desire to teach and they are role models in both their behavior and dedication to their vocation.
This position is for the 2021-2022 school year. Candidates must be available to teach on campus.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with Lead Teacher to plan and implement an appropriately challenging curriculum in reading/language arts, math, and social studies for individuals, small groups and a full classroom of students.
- Promote learning in the areas of academic and social-emotional, and generate enthusiasm of children to actively participate in the learning process.
- Collaborate with Lead Teacher on assessing students and providing for individual differences among students.
- Model strong teaching and classroom management skills
- Verbally communicate with students in a positive manner. Communicate respectfully, clearly in verbal, electronic and written form with parents, administrators, and colleagues regarding curriculum, students and child development challenges.
- Keep current in contemporary pedagogical thinking, strategies, and techniques through reading of professional journals and attendance at school professional workshops and meetings.
- Integrate meaningful and appropriate use of technology within the curriculum and as a communication tool
Education and experience: A minimum of Bachelor’s degree and student teaching experience.
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 1:30-4:40 pm
Salary: Based on experience
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]