Early Childhood Teaching Positions Available
The Early Childhood Centers of Wilshire Boulevard Temple in Los Angeles California has part or full time teaching positions available for the 2021-2022 school year at both the east and west campuses.
Our teachers are the heart and soul of our program. They work as a team to provide a challenging, joyful and nurturing environment, within which our children are invited to question, discover, explore, and create. Our teachers must be team players and solid communicators, have experience with or a desire to learn about documentation and curriculum planning, and they should be self-reflective and open to both personal and educational growth. Teachers collaborate with one another to plan how to extend the research of the children through classroom provocations, open-ended inquiry, and small group work. We are looking for individuals who can help to create a meaningful Jewish environment, who have knowledge and understanding (or willingness to learn) of Jewish values, holidays and traditions and who understand the importance of building a strong and caring community.
This position involves working with a supportive staff and talented team of diverse teachers in a fun, warm, creative and nurturing environment children ages 18 months to 5 years old with a low teacher/student ratio coupled with progressive educational practices.
• Manage all aspects of daily classroom life, including curriculum planning, health and safety of all students, open communication with team of teachers and with families.
• Develop a curriculum that provides multiple points of entry for children and encourages their social and emotional growth.
• Work collaboratively with teaching team, administrators and specialists.
• Participate in team meetings, weekly staff meetings, professional development days and teacher trainings.
• Act as a facilitator in the growth and development of the children
• Observe and document the children’s progress and development
Skills and Specifications
• Organizational Skills: Classroom setting, teaching materials and classroom supplies organization
• Communication Skills: Effective and consistent communication regarding children’s educational growth
• Interpersonal Skills: Positive and cooperative interaction with coworkers and supervisors
• Professional Skills: Effective in keeping up with current educational techniques and instructional methods
• Demonstrates flexibility and has the ability to multi-task.
• Has a strong view of children as curious, competent researchers.
Minimum of 12 units in Early Childhood Education
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a related field
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Wilshire Boulevard Temple’s Nursery Schools offer developmental curriculum for children aged 18-months through five years old. Our program, accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), challenges and empowers all children to reach their potential. We provide hands-on experience in language arts, science, math, fine art, music, movement, gardening, cooking, and Judaic Studies. Our educational approach combines the best practices in the field of early childhood development with the inspired philosophy of Reggio Emilia, Montessori, and High Scope.
Together, our curriculum, planned activities, and daily experiences are designed to respect the total child, be flexible to meet each child’s individual needs, and stimulate learning in all developmental areas: intellectual, social, physical, and emotional. We joyfully celebrate our holidays and teach Jewish values, including the commandments of tikkun olam (repairing the world) and tzedakah (charity). Our children learn our traditions, our prayers, and their place in our community.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to
Floryn Rosenberg at [email protected].
Call us with any questions: (213) 835-2125.
Irmas Campus (West)
11661 West Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Glazer Campus (East)
3663 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010