High Holiday Educators - Pasadena Jewish Temple and Center
Name of School, Camp or Jewish organization: Pasadena Jewish Temple and Center
Job Title: High Holiday Educators
Pasadena Jewish Temple and Center is seeking educators to help lead our Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur Youth Programming.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Bring creativity and enthusiasm to their teaching
- Are knowledgeable about the themes, observances, and traditions of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
- Have experience working with students in the given age bracket
- Are interested in facilitating (and perhaps creating) meaningful activities that engage this age group with the themes of the holidays.
Youth Programming will be held on Erev Rosh Hashanah, Rosh Hashanah Day 1, Erev Yom Kippur, and Yom Kippur morning.
Open positions include:
- Kindershule (4-7 y/o). Part-service, part-exploration. This program includes a tfillah experience, as well as an exploration of the holidays through art, story, music, and movement. The educator will develop programming in conjunction with the Education Director, and lead all programming. Co-teachers and teenage madrichim will be available to assist.
Jr Congregation (8-12 y/o). This program includes a tfillah experience, as well as exploration of the relevant Torah texts and liturgy. The educator will develop programming in conjunction with the Education Director, and lead all programming. Co-teachers and teenage madrichim will be available to assist. In addition, educators will develop and facilitate supplementary programming for after Jr. Congregation services.
- Teen Service (13-18 y/o). This program can take many different forms. Our post-Bnai Mitzvah students spend some of the morning in our main services and some of the morning together as a cohort. The educator will develop programming in conjunction with the Education Director, and lead all programming.
Interested individuals should send letters of interest and resumes to Rabbi Becky Silverstein ([email protected]) Pasadena Jewish Temple & Center (PJTC) is a synagogue and community center affiliated with the Conservative Movement whose members observe a wide range of Jewish beliefs and practices.
PJTC is dedicated to perpetuating all aspects of Jewish life and to fostering a sense of Jewish identity among its members, both as individuals and as a community. The Temple provides an active house of prayer, education and assembly. PJTC seeks to include and accept all those who wish to worship, study, or develop cultural or social ties to Judaism and warmly welcome interfaith, LGBTQ and non-traditional families into our community.
Employment Type (full time/part time) or hours/days per week? part time
Preferred Degree: none
Location (City): Pasadena, CA
Preferred method of communication: Email
Start date: Fri, 09/01/2017
Email: [email protected]
Contact Information: Rabbi Becky Silverstein