Parent and Family Resources
Below are resources for parents of Preschool through High School and other cool stuff!
EARLY CHILDHOOD (in no particular order):
- Kehillat Israel's teacher and clergy videos, lessons, and a video haggadah
- Passover Break Resource Sheet - Easy at home activities from VBS
- Valley Beth Shalom's ECC at Home with videos and activity resources
- Articles and Websites for Parent Tips
- 10 Tinker Tray Activities from Meri Cherry
- Challah and Playdough Recipes
- Scholastic Recipes for fun! (shiny dough, goop, modeling dough, and more!)
- Shabbat Song Sheet (The words to all your favorite ECC shabbat songs!)
- Yom Ha'Atzmaut Song Sheet
- Pressman Academy's Recommended Books on Pinterest
- Story Book Read-Alounds from Kate Messner
- Movement and Mindfulness videos from GoNoodle
- PJ Library Family Activities
- Reading Books Aloud
- List of Book Recommendations
- Story database
- Author videos
- Kids Learning at Home
- Jew It at Home - A curation of resources created by Clergy at Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills, Temple Isaiah, Temple Israel of Hollywood, University Synagogue, Temple Akiba of Culver City and Congregation Ner Tamid of Henderson, Nevada. Contains resources and activities for all ages . Feel free to browse the calendar and choose any event that interests you to keep you and your family spiritually sustained during this time.
- Do Not Lick This Book!
- Jason's Power Hour is LIVE on YouTube and Facebook every weekday at 10am PST (that means TODAY). It is 60 minutes of music for the whole family.
- Monterey Bay Live Aquarium Feed - There are ten feeds of many different species accompanied by very relaxing music
Culinary Kids - Free programming teaching kids how to cook in their homes, safely.
- CKA In Your Kitchen TK-1st Workshop: https://www.facebook.com/learnbycooking/videos/1647695322036429
- CKA In Your Kitchen 2nd-5th Workshop: https://www.facebook.com/learnbycooking/videos/244205343286363
- CKA In Your Kitchen Young Adult/Adult Workshop: https://www.facebook.com/learnbycooking/videos/514928182793445
- Click Here for a listing of independent children’s musicians around the globe who are transitioning our live shows to live streams to accommodate social distancing recommendations due to the coronavirus crisis.
- Lisa Alpern writes of how her family is finding innovative ways to learn and play.
- Kennedy Center Artist-in-Residence "Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems"
- "A Virtual Shabbat Box: to Celebrate and Renew all of your Senses"
- Things to Do for High School Students During Covid-19 Spring Break
- Cooking Projects for Self-Isolation
- How to Watch Theatre While Social Distancing
- Wilshire Boulevard Temple ECCs Fun and Learning at Home
- "Alexa" Skills for Kids to use your Amazon Echo
- Daniel Tiger's "Germs, Germs Go Away"
- Leo Baeck Temple ECC Home to Home- Ideas, opportunities, and resources for families with young children
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Family Exercises for the family with child friendly themes, like Frozen and Superheroes!
- Videos of Mindful Moments and Breathing Techniques for Kids by Kira Willey
- Make Me a Genius - interesting science videos for young children and school-aged children.
- Full Time Kid on Youtube - Meet Mya! She's a full-time kid and proud of it. Her job is sharing fun educational tricks, cute crafts, songs and suprises.
- Mini Minyan
- Supporting Teens During Challenging Times: COVID-19 (for parents and Jewish professionals)
- www.icanhelp.site - if you need a volunteer to help you
- Kid in Crisis HOTLINE - from the California Department of Education, a website devoted solely to helping students in Crisis.
The BJE website of resources is constantly updating. If you have anything to add - and we welcome all - please email [email protected].
SUPPORT AND HELPFUL INFORMATION
Following are some trusted resources on the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19), which might be helpful in your planning:
For the latest updates from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, click here.
For the latest updates from the California Department of Public Health, click here.
For the latest updates from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
For the latest updates from the World Health Organization (WHO), click here.
Subscribe to the CDC Newsletter during the coronavirus outbreak: click here