Partnership in Fundraising - Led by Rae Ringel
Leading Together: BJE’s Board Development Cohort
Leading Together: BJE’s Board Development Cohort is designed for Heads of School and Board leaders (primarily the Board Chair/President and successor Board leaders) to focus specifically on the Head of School/Board Chair partnership and how the strength of a successful partnership can serve the school’s mission and community.
From October 2017 through December 2018, Heads of School and Board leaders will have the opportunity to learn from widely recognized experts in the field around the challenges and opportunities they face in their roles as school leaders. Best practices in governance will be addressed along with opportunities to learn together and gain new perspectives on styles of collaboration. Leadership coaching will also be available to help with areas of governance that are specific to each school.
Components of the Program:
3 programs with expert consultants in the field
- October 24, 2017: Pat Bassett, Former Executive Director of NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools) and Partner at Heads Up Educational Consulting will kick-off our cohort speaking on topics of HOS/Board Chair Partnership, decision making/planning, difficult conversations, and crisis collaboration. (4:30-9:00 p.m. at 6505 Wilshire Blvd.)
- March 13, 2018: Rae Ringel, President of the Ringel Group and a faculty member at the Georgetown University Institute for Transformational Leadership will facilitate a session on Partnership in Fundraising (4:30-9:00 p.m. Location TBD)
- October 7, 2018: Trustee/Director Training: Board Leadership 101 with Nanette Fridman of Fridman Strategies. Other Trustees/Board members are invited to attend (9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Location TBD)
- 2 webinars to provide on-going training and follow up with either Pat and/or Rae on topics to be determined by the cohort
BoardSource’s Board Self-Assessment (BSA) tool customized for Jewish Day Schools (BJE will cover the cost of Prizmah’s Board Fitness Program for participants of this cohort only)
- Slide deck featuring highlights from the school’s assessment results
- Comparative Benchmark report (Independent Schools and Jewish Day Schools)
- One-year BoardSource membership
- 3 hours of 1:1 consulting with Prizmah’ s BoardSource certified experts in the area of governance to interpret the school’s results
- 3-5 hours of coaching from an LA community coach with expertise in the area of governance
- Participant Resource Book
Who should apply: School leadership teams from any BJE accredited school. Teams may be comprised of 3-4 people (Head of School, Board Chair/President, successor to the Board Chair or possible successor, member of the Executive Committee of the Board). Recognizing that the governance model is not the same at all of our schools we will work to meet the needs of each school.
Cost to the school: The cost per school to participate is $500.00 for up to 4 participants. Much of the funding for this BJE program is being provided to BJE by a generous grant from the Glazer Family Foundation and through funding to Prizmah by the Avi Chai Foundation. BJE’s Center for Excellence in Early Childhood and Day School Education enjoys significant support from the Jewish Federation.
How to apply: Complete the application link here no later than October 3, 2017. Space is limited. For more information contact Betty Winn, BJE’s Director, Center of Excellence in Early Childhood and Day School Education at [email protected] at 323.761.8636.