Youth Coordinator - Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills
Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills is a Reform, diverse, and inviting congregation. We weave Judaism into real life and explore what it means to be Jewish in the twenty-first century! Our goal is to create a strong, nurturing and open-minded community that enables our youth to find their own identity and language for what it means to be Jewish. We are seeking a dynamic, creative, growth-minded, and energetic Youth Coordinator who will be responsible for goal-setting, planning and implementation of Jewish youth programming for grades 6-12. She/he will work closely with the Rabbi Educator.
The weekly schedule will be flexible as most programming takes place in the evenings and on weekends. Must be a committed and knowledgeable Jew and be able to engage with youth; someone who
is energetic, a self-starter, a coach, and is highly motivated to make things happen.
• 6-10 hours per week.
• $25 per hour – approx. 40 weeks.
• Oversee and develop the entire Youth Department including TEMTY & the
Junior Youth Group.
• Hiring and training chaperones for events.
• Once a month events should be planned in coordination with TEMTY students.
• Integrate youth projects into larger PASSPORT program.
• Coordinate with Madrichim program.
• Develop social media presence.
• Continue to develop leadership board for TEMTY.
• Develop Junior Youth Group.
• Outreach to families of students.
• Promote NFTY events.
Employment Type (full time/part time) or hours/days per week? Part-time
Preferred Degree: College
Location (City): Beverly Hills
Preferred method of communication: Email
Start date: Sun, 09/23/2018
Salary range: $25 per hour
Email: [email protected]
Contact Information: Karen Porper